Applications for the Lake Rotorua Incentives Board
The Rotorua Te Arawa Lakes Programme is seeking applications for the Lake Rotorua Incentives Board. Board Members are being sought for the $40m Lake Rotorua Incentives Scheme.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
You will be required to assimilate challenging agribusiness information to inform decisions on the reduction of Nitrogen flowing into Lake Rotorua, specifically identifying which proposals best address the purchase of 100 tonnes of Nitrogen over an eight year period, within a budget of $40m. To achieve this challenging goal the Board will collectively require experience and knowledge of farming practises, general business acumen, governance, legal understanding and risk assessment.
Quarterly board meetings will be held in Rotorua therefore travel expenses (if required) will be paid, along with a nominal remuneration.
Board members will be appointed on the basis that they have skills, knowledge and/or experience that collectively deliver what the Board requires to be successful.
Board members will need:
- An appreciation of the wider public interest and the ability to contribute positively to the achievement of the purposes of the Board
- An understanding of governance issues
- A high standard of personal integrity
- Time available to undertake the duties of a Board Member
- Understanding of key environmental and natural resource management issues
- A proven record of accomplishment in building relationships and working collaboratively
- No conflicts of interest.
The Board will need a mix of skills, knowledge and experience from the following areas:
- Natural resource management systems
- Primary production, agribusiness, farm systems
- Māori cultural heritage
- Business, finance, accounting, valuation
- Legal agreements, contracts.
If you believe you have the knowledge required for this nationally recognised project and a desire to make a difference, Bay of Plenty Regional Council would like to hear from you.
Should you require more information or an application pack, please contact:
Natural Resources Policy Manager
Bay of Plenty Regional Council
Ph. 0800 884 880
Or visit www.rotorualakes.co.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 4.00PM FRIDAY 3 OCTOBER 2014